My resume was generated from Markdown, download it as
January 2020 - present: Amazon
- January 2020 - present: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Backend engineer in Java, Python and Typescript in an international team
- Contributed to the architecture, design and implementation of a new AWS service
- Led sprint/task management, service auth, load testing and team adoption of technologies
- April 2019 - January 2020: Amazon Alexa
- Backend engineer in Java on a global service at Alexa Shopping
- Participated in performance investigation and improvements and compliance implementations
- Led data analysis for a full replacement of an ML pipeline and ElasticSearch engine
- Organization-wide oncall and ops responsibilities
June 2015 - March 2019: Military service in Israeli Defense Forces
- June 2015 - March 2019: Israeli Air Force, Ofek unit
- Java programmer with on-call responsibility for the core of mission-critical systems
- Developed major parts of new services including architecture and business logic
- Led the containerization and orchestration of core services, and the modernization of server platform and build/CI processes
- Completion of officer training, reached the rank of captain
- April. 2014 - June 2015: Israeli C4I Corps, Lotem unit
- CTO & Chief Engineer branch: researcher and prototype maker with embedded circuits and C#.NET
- Matspen unit: SAP ERP BI/BW and full-stack+D3.js web reports developer
2009 - 2013: Jerusalem College of Technology Machon Lev - B.Sc. in Telecommunications Engineering, with honors, average 92.39
2009: Lucien De Hirsch, Paris - Scientific Baccalaureate, Specialty: mathematics
Honors, publications and certifications
- 2012 and 2013 excellence scholarships from the Jerusalem College of Technology.
- Psychometric Test score: 724/800 according to the standard weighting, 741/800 according to the quantitative reasoning weighting.
- 2019 Lt. Col.’s unit distinction for excellence.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Certification, grade 893/1000.
- [Paper] Mirsky, Y., Fedidat, B., & Haddad, Y. (2019). Physical Layer Encryption using a Vernam Cipher. arXiv, arXiv-1910.
- [Patent] Mirsky, Y., Fedidat, B., & Haddad, Y. A harmonic based encryption and decryption system for waveform signals. Patent WO2015097312A1, 26 Dec. 2013.
- Java with Spring/Guice, Python, Typescript, Bash, SQL
- Previous experience: C/C++, C#.NET, Kotlin, PHP, Rust, Golang
- IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Development tools: AWS, git, Gradle, Maven, Ivy, Ant, Jenkins CI, Docker, Atlassian, Red Hat Openshift, ELK stack
- Other tools: Office programs (Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Work, Visio, VBA Macros), MATLAB, Wireshark, JUnit
Skills and knowledge:
- Development: engineering processes and terminology, web development (client- and server-side), RESTful web microservices, data structures and algorithms, electronics, statistics
- Networking: TCP-IP protocol stack, LAN/WANs, network security and management, cryptography, cellular networks
- Systems: design of global and large-scale distributed systems with CI/CD, experience with GNU/Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting, automation
English: fluent (IELTS band 8.5/9)
French: native (TEF Level C2)